Party plans in place as Roppe hits the half-century mark
Founded by Thony A. Roppe in 1955 as Roppe Rubber Corp., the company had only seven employees when it launched. True to its name, the company was focused solely on selling rubber products.
It also tasted success early on. Barely into its second year, Roppe tripled the size of its payroll and expanded its trucking fleet to capitalize on the growing popularity of its flooring line.
In 1985, the year it marked its 30th anniversary, Roppe expanded by acquiring American Thermoplastic Extrusion Co., which broadened the Roppe franchise to include vinyl flooring products. Five years later, "Rubber" was officially dropped from the Roppe name.
Now, the company has grown to include three facilities - a 240,000 square foot plant and 184,000 square foot distribution center in Fostoria, as well as a 90,000 square foot vinyl plant in Opa Locka, Fla. In addition, Roppe partners with more than 110 distributors nationwide.