It’s that time of year again—a sort of Christmas in January—where manufacturers share the latest and greatest in installation tool and equipment innovation. Which of these will you jot down on your wish list?
If you are planning to attend The International Surface Event (TISE), running January 24-26 in Las Vegas, Nevada, many of these will be available for demonstration on the show floor. Here is a sneak peek at some of the tools and equipment for 2024.
Beno J. Gundlach
TISE booth #6359
The EZ-15 Rapid Repair System is designed for floating wood floors, floating laminate floors and floating luxury vinyl planks. The RRS tape comes in a 50-foot roll and is 3 inches wide. It is crafted from durable solid zinc and features a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA). The Rapid Repair System also includes two wedge spacers and two bottles of high-performance super glue.
The Spring-Loaded Atlas Supports provide precise positioning of large format slabs on your tile cutter. The package includes two adjustable supports, offering both weight and height customization with heights from 2" to 3-1/4". Crafted from fully recyclable ABS, these supports combine durability with environmental consciousness.
BIHUI USA by Better Tools
TISE booth #6461
Automatic Electric Tile Saw BT-TCSA1200A
The Automatic Electric Tile Saw features both automatic and manual cutting capabilities for flexible usage. It is able to make straight cuts and up to 45-degree miter cuts with the adjustable cutting head and built-in laser cutting guide line. The water pump is built in. It comes with folding legs and built-in wheels for easy transportation. The BT-TCSA1200A is suitable for cutting ceramics, stoneware, porcelain and other materials. A 5” BIHUI USA by Better Tools diamond blade is included.
Additional features include:
- Power output: 3,000W
- Voltage: 230V/50HZ
- Speed: 12,000RPM
- Cutting blade: 4 ¾" x ¾" x 1/16”
- Max cutting blade: 5 ¼" x ¾" x 3/8”
- Max cutting depth: 1-3/16”
- Max cutting degree: 45°
- Diagonal cutting length: 33-½" x 33-½"
- Cutting length: 48”
DCS 50 Commercial Vacuum
The Bona DCS is a powerful, lightweight, and versatile vacuum that is compact and can easily be carried upstairs and maneuvered in hard-to-reach or tight areas. It features an automatic filter cleaning system that provides efficient suction for a dust-free environment throughout the sanding process. The moisture-resistant, HEPA Certified, PES filter prevents dust from escaping into the air and surroundings, ensuring optimal indoor air quality.
Additional features include:
- 13.5-gallon capacity (50 L) with wet & dry vacuum capabilities
- Designed for use with or without a vacuum bag
- Equipped with 120V electrical outlet with automatic start/stop for power tools
- Quick connect attachments and integrated accessory storage
- Extremely quiet vacuuming experience (69 dBA)
- Automatic Filter Cleaning - HEPA Certified Filtration efficiency of 99.9% (M Class) - Easy filter access B
iQ Power Tools
TISE booth #6449
iQ252 Dry Cut Bridge Saw
Last year you may have gotten the opportunity to try out this tool as it was introduced as a prototype. The iQ252 10” Bridge Saw is now in production and available to the public.
The iQ252 is a 10” dry cut bridge saw specifically designed for progressive tile setters and contractors. Equipped with the world’s first fully integrated dust control technology, it allows for tiles to be cut indoors or outdoors...with no water.
Additional features include:
- Saw features a 10” blade and has the ability to produce a depth cut up to 1”
- Saw can handle 60” rip
- Designed to cut fast and clean—up to 0° to 45° angles in one pass
TISE booth #5603
The General Knee Kicker
The General Knee Kicker by Roberts is a high-performance tool for carpet installation that is ideal to apply tension to carpet when installing in smaller spaces like closets, staircases and other hard to reach places.
The General is designed with an extra-wide 5" head and thick 2" gel core bumper pad to better absorb shock and protect the knees. It features four strips of napping grips, five rows of steel pins and an adjustable dial that calibrates seven depth settings for use with various types of carpet as well as a telescoping handle that extends length from 17.5" to 21.5" for better reach and efficiency. It is designed with a high-contour neck for use over a stretcher head and poles.
TISE booth #5462
Smart Logger V2
Wagner Meters is showcasing an upgraded version of the Smart Logger for 2024. This data-logging device monitors jobsite conditions by ensuring accurate tracking of ambient conditions, even when users are away.
The Smart Logger V2, now paired with the complementary Wagner Sentry app, allows users to set custom time intervals to capture ambient readings, enabling them to monitor trends and fluctuations. Additionally, it offers the convenience of setting up alerts for any readings that surpass predefined thresholds. With the ability to monitor ambient temperature and humidity conditions, the Smart Logger V2 allows users to proactively identify and address issues before they escalate into costly, time-consuming problems.
Key features include:
- The user-friendly interface simplifies the setup, configuration and data visualization where users can easily access historical data, create custom reports and set alarm thresholds within the app.
- The upgraded V2 guarantees precise and dependable measurements of ambient conditions and a faster equilibration time.
- Pair your Smart Logger V2 and Floor Sentry, the embedded wood floor data logger, to the Wagner Sentry app to view both the ambient and in-floor conditions simultaneously.