UZIN NC 888 is a fast drying highly versatile smoothing compound for repair, filling and patching. It can be used on wide range of substrates to repair subﬂoor imperfections prior to installation of most ﬂooring products. UZIN NC 888 has very fine aggregates enabling it to be applied by trowel from a true feather edge up to 1” (25 mm) depth in a single application. It has superior bonding properties to plywood, concrete, ceramic tile, terrazzo, and old non-water soluble adhesive residues including properly prepared cutback adhesive residues without the use of a primer*. It is quick drying cement which allows for most ﬂoor coverings to be installed within 15 minutes on absorbent substrates. UZIN NC 888 is an ideal material for covering / smoothing minor imperfections, holes, trowel marks, skim coating and ramping. For interior use only.
- The ideal mixing ratio for part quantities of UZIN NC 888 is two parts powder to one part water. This will usually produce the ideal consistency. When mixing a full 10 lb. (4.5 kg) bag of UZIN NC 888 refer to product packaging for water ratio. Do not overwater. The addition of extra water will weaken compound and lower its strength.
- Pour cold, clean water into a clean container. Slowly pour in the powder while stirring vigorously, and blend to a viscous, lump-free consistency using a heavy-duty drill fitted with an UZIN Flat Cage Mixing attachment (minimum 650 rpm). Only mix as much mortar as can be used within the 20 minute working time.
- Apply the compound evenly onto the substrate to the desired thickness using a smoothing trowel. The recommended minimum depth on non-absorbent surfaces to receive impervious ﬂooring is 1/8” (3 mm).
- Ready for ﬂoor covering after approx. 15 minutes* for normal ﬂoor covering installations. When laying wood ﬂooring, cork or laminates, the drying time is approx. 12 hours*. Interior use only.
- It is important to note that many different types of adhesives are used to install ﬂoor coverings, and their absorbency into cementitious substrates can significantly vary. If it is found that the adhesive being used is drying more quickly over the UZIN NC 888 than over adjacent concrete, we recommend that the surface of the underlayment be primed with primer UZIN PE 260 diluted 1 :3 with water. Allow the primer to dry thoroughly, then proceed with the installation of the adhesive. The use of the primer will even out the open time of the adhesive without affecting the bond or the long-term performance. *At 70 °F (21 °C) and 65 % relative humidity. Low ﬂoor temperatures and greater depths will considerably delay the drying and readiness for covering.
The subfloor must be structurally sound, solid, dry, free from active cracks, clean and free of all contaminants such as grease, oil, paint, wax, curing and sealing compounds that would impair adhesion. Test the substrate in accordance with applicable standards relative to moisture content. Any weakly bonded or soft surface material such as loose adhesive residues, leveling compounds, ﬂoor coverings or coatings must be removed by shot blasting, abrading, grinding or wet scraping. Thoroughly vacuum off all loose material or dust. Caution: Do not sand or grind adhesive residue, as harmful dust may result. Inhalation of asbestos dust may cause asbestosis or other serious bodily harm. Refer to the Resilient Floor Covering Institute’s publication “Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings” for instructions. UZIN NC 888 is suitable for use over a wide range of subﬂoors, generally without the use of a primer.