J+J Flooring Group has released the company’s fourth annual corporate sustainability report.
Titled It All Adds Up, the latest report covers the commercial flooring manufacturer’s social and environmental performance for 2015, including the company’s continued progress towards its 20/20 Vision, a set of conservation, resource reduction and environmental efficiency goals for the year 2020. The report also showcases the company’s deeply embedded sustainability commitment—one rooted in the belief that the greatest changes are often the result of consistent effort and investment over time.
“As I think about the nearly 60 years our company has been in business, one thing stands out: we are a company dedicated to putting our people and our values first and to leading by example,” said David Jolly, J+J Flooring Group president. “Knowing good business means more than a good bottom line, we’ve worked hard to ensure the core tenets of environmental and social responsibility have truly become an integral part of the lens through which we assess our performance and chart our course for the future.”
Russ Delozier, director of environmental innovation, said, “We believe sustainability is everybody’s job at J+J. This shared approach to sustainability and to the way we do business has helped our company make significant strides toward a more sustainable future and, in practical terms, toward the goals set forth in our 20/20 Vision. As our new report demonstrates, the progress we made along our sustainability journey in 2015 is a direct result of collaboration throughout our organization and to our collective passion for doing the right thing. It all adds up.”
2015 report highlights include:
• Official Zero Waste to Landfill Certification.
• Safely cycling as much as 65% of water used back into the manufacturing process.
• A greater than 15% energy consumption reduction since 2010.
• Off-setting more than 50% of total direct energy used in 2015 with the purchase or more than 14.7 MM kWh of Green E RECs, qualifying J+J as an EPA Energy Leadership Partner.
• A nearly 15% reduction in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions since 2009.
• The reintroduction of Working for Life, a comprehensive employee health and wellness program.
• Employee volunteerism and support for more than 20 local, regional and national charitable organizations.
For more information, visit jjflooringgroup.com.