World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) has expanded the format of its coveted Gold Standard Award which recognizes flooring retailers for outstanding achievement.
Beginning in 2017, the award will now have two categories to better accommodate retailers of all sizes.
“Our strategy here is to distinguish single-store operations that are located in smaller markets from those enterprises that achieve $10 million in annual sales or greater,” said Scott Humphrey, WFCA's CEO. He noted that multi-store owners, especially those in large markets, have more discretionary income to spend on marketing and advertising. “The Gold Standard retailer exemplifies the highest business standards and has created an outstanding retail experience for customers. This is something that we want to recognize and honor for retailers at every level.” He explained that recognizing the excellence of both larger and smaller retailers raises the bar for everyone. "We can all learn a lot from them.”
For both categories, retailers are reviewed and judged based on:
- Knowledge–Offering knowledgeable and well managed staff who remain actively informed about their own inventory as well as news and issues affecting the industry;
- Customer Service–Providing courteous service and customer assistance throughout the selection, purchase and post-purchase processes;
- Quality of Store Image–Making certain that customers experience a clean, professional, and well maintained store;
- Code of Conduct–Adherence to the WFCA Code of Conduct.
In addition, companies must also be members of the WFCA, have been in business for at least three years and have favorable Better Business Bureau reports.
Three awards will be given in each category:
Over $10 Million Winners:
- 1st Place: Choice of two-day CFI on-site custom class in carpet seaming or sales training or a one-year WFCA University tuition for online training. *Classes consist of a one-day class that is repeated on a second day to accommodate dealers with multiple locations so they can split their staffs
- 2nd Place (Both categories): six-month WFCA University tuition
- 3rd Place (Both categories): three-month WFCA University tuition
Under $10 Million Winners:
- 1st Place: Choice of two-day CFI on-site custom class in carpet seaming or sales training or a one-year WFCA University tuition for online training
- 2nd and 3rd Place awards are the same as above
To enter, applicants must complete the submission form and present multimedia marketing materials and other documents, all of which will be factored into the review process. The deadline for submissions is Dec. 15.
For more information, visit wfca-pro.org.