Michael Franceschelli, CEO of Florida Tile, has been elected to a two-year term as president of the Tile Council of North America (TCNA).
Franceschelli has served as CEO of Florida Tile since 2010, leading the company to steady growth in sales and profits while also expanding its manufacturing and distribution capabilities.
In the years since joining the tile industry, Franceschelli has taken an active role in TCNA, serving four years as second vice president before accepting his current post. His commitment to raising the bar in the tile industry is reflected in the goals that he has set for himself and TCNA for the coming year.
“Developing a TCNA ‘Why Tile’ program to educate consumers and the industry on the many benefits of tile is high on my list of priorities,” said Franceschelli. “It’s important to lead this charge of informing the public and training our industry professionals in order to make a positive impact in the flooring market.”
His list of objectives for the coming year highlight the ambition and dedication he and TCNA have for the tile industry:
- Develop the TCNA “Why Tile” program to inform consumers and the industry regarding the health, safety, environmental, cost, and design benefits of tile
- Work with labor organizations to support career training and certification programs
- Continue to facilitate the development of standards to better define technical product performance and to inform consumers about the safe use of tile surfaces
- Maintain the collaboration of the TCNA Handbook Committee and the publication of installation details relevant to today’s products and practices
- Promote further collaboration with other major trade organizations including CTDA, NTCA and TCAA
- Develop an even stronger bond between members in the US and Canada and their TCNA colleagues in Mexico
- Promote cooperation within the global tile manufacturing communities in Italy, Spain, Brazil and around the world
- Contribute on an international basis to ISO standards
For more information, visit tcnatile.com.