JTG Enterprises Inc., the parent company of Ted’s Abbey Carpet & Floor and Floors to Go of Aniston, Ala., recently hosted its 14th annual awards banquet in Atlanta to show appreciation for its employees and key suppliers. The company, which grew more than 16% in 2018 to $8.5 million, holds the event each year with dinner and entertainment.
“It’s a way to acknowledge our employees who contributed to our record year—a year worthy of recognition,” said Ted Gregerson, president of JTG. “The stores are five miles apart and each other’s biggest competitor. This is the one time where we can celebrate together.”
A highlight of the evening included Gregerson presenting the JTG Award to Phil Gutierrez, chairman, CEO and president of Abbey Carpet & Floor. Gregerson said Gutierrez received the award for all he did to help JTG as a company and Gregerson personally. Gutierrez is the second person in the program’s history to receive the honor.
JTG also honored Mohawk as Partner of the Year for 2018. According to Gregerson, that award is given to a suppler based on amount of business, pricing, how they handle claims and deliveries.
Employees and suppliers who received awards at the banquet included:
- JTG Spirit Award: Ben Johnson
- $15 Million Club: Sharon Rutherford
- Installer Appreciation Award: Joe Williams
- Abbey Carpet Gross Profit Percentage: Jason Gregerson
- Floors to Go Gross Profit Percentage: Jeff Blackburn
- Abbey Carpet Highest Sales Volume: Sharon Rutherford
- Floors to Go Highest Sales Volume: Chip Jancsek
- Employee Appreciation Award: Sharon Rutherford
- Business Partner of the Year: Terry Wheat, RFMS
- Rep of the Year: Tyler Pruitt, Mohawk