2019 AIA Innovation Awards Honor six Design Projects
Washington, D.C. -- The American Institute of Architects is recognizing six design projects with its 2019 Innovation Awards. The Innovation Awards recognize the exemplary use and implementation of innovative technologies and progressive practices among architects, designers, collaborators and clients. Awarded projects must support the design, delivery and operation of buildings or research in practice and academia.
This year’s recipients for the 2019 Innovation Awards—which were selected by AIA’s Technology in Architectural Practice Knowledge Community—are as follows:
Category A: Holistic Design
- Buoyant Ecologies Float Lab, Oakland, Calif.) | CCA Architectural Ecologies Lab)
- IIT Innovation Center (Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship), Chicago | John Ronan Architects
Category B: Development of Design or Design-Thinking
- Baxter Parametric CMU Wall, Los Angeles | Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- MIT Sean Collier Memorial, Boston | Höweler + Yoon Architecture
- "Overhaul the curriculum, not just a course: a new paradigm for design technology curriculum"| Faculty of the University of Tennessee School of Architecture
- Performative Millwork: The Coca-Cola Stage at Alliance Theatre, Atlanta | Trahan Architects
For more information, visit www.aia.org.