Want to make an impact? Gifts to the Floor Covering Industry Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit, will help families all over the country who are faced with unexpected medical battles. The FCIF board of directors are currently holding their fall campaign drive, reaching out to thousands of flooring businesses across the country. The Foundation provides grants directly to flooring families to help with expenses such as medical care, medications, medical supplies, and other necessities such as food, shelter, and utilities. More than 100 families have reached out to FCIF this year including:
- a distribution shift supervisor in a manufacturing plant who is battling brain and breast cancer
- a flooring installer and his teenage daughter who are both battling leukemia
- a claims analyst who is caring for a disabled grandchild, and an
- an inlay production worker whose son has Cerebral Palsy and needs medical equipment.
“The FCIF provides grants to recipients exclusively within the floor covering industry and is funded almost entirely from donations made from within the industry," said Charlie Dilks, chief product officer, CCA Global Partners, and chairman of the board of FCIF. "Knowing that your donation, large or small, will be used to benefit someone in your industry who is suffering as a result of a catastrophic illness or life altering event, is a differentiation unique to very few charities."
Know someone in need of assistance?
- Visit fcif.org for an application.
- Grant applications have a rolling deadline
- Criteria for assistance: financial need, severity of medical condition, and 5+ years of service to the floor covering industry by a household family member.
As part of the fundraising campaign, companies and individuals who make a gift by December 31st will be recognized in seven trade publications. You contribute by:
- Mailing a donation to 855 Abutment Rd. #2, Dalton, GA 30721
- Pledging or made a credit card donation online at fcif.org
Giving levels are as follows:
- $1,000 – Genesis
- $2,000 – Bronze
- $5,000 – Silver
- $10,000 – Gold
- $25,000 – Platinum
- $50,000 - Diamond
For more information or to donate visit www.fcif.org.