The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has been approved as a full member of the Indoor Environmental Quality – Global Alliance (IEQ-GA). As part of the alliance, the IICRC joins other leaders in the field of indoor environmental health to ensure the safety and health of people around the world.
IEQ-GA is an interdisciplinary, international working group dedicated to educational exchange and research on key issues related to indoor environmental health. Its members come from fields including indoor air quality, thermal environment, lighting and acoustic science, and technology. Together, the organizations in the alliance aim to advance the implementation of practices that lead to healthy indoor environments.
As a full member of this organization, the IICRC will have voting rights and work with other members to create a shared understanding of issues, identify research gaps, and shape policy agendas and advocacy positions.
This partnership with IEQ-GA builds on the work the IICRC has led in the field of indoor environmental health, including, but not limited to:
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Report, which provides details and guidelines on the importance of using the correct filtration devices, reducing the level of airborne particulates, and applying disinfectants correctly.
- Upcoming industry standards, including:
- BSR/IICRC S400 Standard for Professional Cleaning, Maintenance and Restoration of the Commercial Built Environment
- BSR/IICRC S410 Standard for Infection Control During Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of the Commercial Built Environment
- BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment