The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the American Library Association (ALA) are awarding five libraries with the 2021 AIA/ALA Library Building Awards for excellence in architectural design. Complete details for each project are available on AIA’s website.
2021 AIA/ALA Library Building Award recipients must demonstrate design achievement, including a sense of place, purpose, ecology, environmental sustainability, and of history. This year’s AIA/ALA Library Building Award recipients, selected by a six-person jury, exemplify these qualities.
2021 AIA/ALA Library Building Awards recipients:
- Arizona State Library Hayden Library Reinvention, Tempe, AZ | Ayers Saint Gross
- Roxbury Branch of the Boston Public Library Renovation, Boston | Utile, Inc.
- Sunset Park Library, Brooklyn, New York | Leroy Street Studio Architecture
- Taylor Street Apartments and Little Italy Branch Library, Chicago | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- Valente Library, Cambridge, MA | William Rawn Associates, Architects, Inc.
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the AIA/ALA Library Building Awards.