Armstrong Flooring first third-party assured Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) compliant sustainability report highlights operational metrics and sustainability initiatives across its global enterprise and provides insight into efforts to embed sustainability in every business function.
“This report represents the efforts of many individuals who have tirelessly worked across business functions to make Armstrong Flooring more sustainable,” said Armstrong Flooring president and CEO Michel Vermette. “While the global pandemic of 2020 challenged our business, it also reinforced the importance of our company’s values and sustainability efforts. There’s an excitement and energy around our sustainability initiatives and we continue to look for opportunities to positively affect the wellbeing of people and the planet.”
Key achievements highlighted in the 2020 report include:
• A 43% reduction in water intensity (gallons per square foot of product production) exceeding the company’s goal of a 25% reduction by 2025 over a 2015 baseline.
• A 21% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity compared to a 2015 baseline.
• Third-party certification of 99% of products to low or no volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and content standards.
• The establishment a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council.
• Donations of hundreds of thousands of feet of product to Good 360, Habitat for Humanity, and other community non-profits providing essential services to local communities.
This report also details Armstrong Flooring's commitment and efforts to:
• Rethink operations and embrace a circular economy.
• Reimagine transparency from content to carbon footprint.
• Reconnect communities to improve people’s lives and create a better-connected future for our employees, communities, and the planet.
For more information, visit armstrongflooring.com/2020SustainabilityReport.