Aquafil, makers of Econyl nylon, will feature several new eco-conscious carpet and rug collections at NeoCon 2022.
New carpet and rug collections that will be featured in the Aquafil showroom #107 on the 11th floor include:
- The Daytripper collection by Bentley Mills embraces the emotions evoked by the world’s reopening. Inspired by our collective desire to be swept away for hours at museums and galleries, the Daytripper Collection features three primary patterns, each with varying depth and shimmer and unique scale and proportion.
- The Delos Company will be previewing its Azure rug capsule collection, which is inspired by Blue Mind Theory and the calming beauty of water.
- FLOR will be launching its latest carpet tile collection Zera at NeoCon. With a color range of rich forest green to slate gray, the Zera carpet tile collection captures the infinite elegance of marbled stone.
- Interface will be featuring its Beaumont Range collection, which is inspired by the ever-changing beauty of mountain trails. Using innovative new design techniques, Beaumont Range products combine multiple patterns into one overall design that subtly evolves across large floorscapes.
- Aquafil’s partners at Milliken will be presenting the Coastline collection that takes inspiration from the natural transitions of land and water to create subtle gradients that organically connect and flow together.
Aquafil is also hosting the Parsons School of Design MFA Textiles program in its showroom. The company is investing in the future of sustainable design by recently partnering with the MFA Textiles program for the Design for the Future project where students were challenged to create products out of Econyl nylon.
The MFA Textile students at Parsons were provided a variety of Econyl yarns and challenged to create innovative designs. There were no limitations on what final products the Parsons students could create. The students had the opportunity to present their designs to Aquafil executives, where three products were selected as winners of the Econyl x Aquafil: Designing for the Future Award and will be featured in the Aquafil showroom during NeoCon. The three winning designers will be in the Aquafil showroom on June 14, 10:00 – 11:30 am CST to speak about their works of art and their creative process of designing with Econyl.
President and chief executive officer of Aquafil Group, Giulio Bonazzi will be part of a panel discussion hosted by Metropolis Magazine on Monday, June 13 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm CST in the Metropolis Sustainability Lab in suite 380 on the 3rd floor of theMART. Bonazzi will be joined by a dynamic group of design industry experts to discuss Material Innovation for the Circular Economy. Panelists joining Mr. Bonazzi include:
- Preeti Gopinath, Director, MFA Textiles & Associate Professor for Parsons
- Kate Cave, Lead Designer for The Delos Company
- Kent Parker, Co-CEO of Formway, creators of the noho move chair
- Paul Wilkinson, Co-CEO of Formway, creators of the noho moveTM chair
The discussion is CEU accredited and participants can register via Metropolis here.
“We are looking forward to connecting with our industry partners and the design community this summer to exchange ideas, inspiration, and to promote our mission to create more sustainable products,” said Franco Rossi, president of Aquafil USA. “NeoCon is one of our most important connection points to the architecture and design industry, as we encourage more focus on designing with the end in mind so there is less waste and more innovation.”