The group was opened in 1957 by founding ceo and chairman Dr. H. Ibrahim Bodur, under the name Çanakkale Seramik Fabrikalari A.S. The group began exporting ceramic tiles in 1962, and 10 years later opened the Kalebodur Seramik Sanayi division. Today, the Kale Group has grown into a world business leader, exporting its products to 65 countries on five continents.
The company notes that the names many of its divisions have become synonymous with the products they manufacture, including Çanakkale Seramik, Kalebodur, Kaleterasit, Kalekim and RocaKale, and Kalecolor and MaviKale.
The company credits its 50 years partly to “the pursuit of technological advances and production innovations.”
Additionally, the company recognizes the importance of environmentally friendly standards and is working “to ensure that its contributions to this area attain world standards.”