Three chapters of the MIA’sDimension Stone Design Manual(DSDM) have been reviewed and updated by the MIA technical department, and are now available to the industry and to the design community asDimension Stone Design ManualVersion 7.1.
The MIA’s Technical Committee updated the manual’s chapters on general installations, horizontal surfaces, and vertical surfaces. The new standards in Version 7.1 offer:
- Improved clarification of tile setting methods with references to ANSI/TCNA documents
- Revised section of suitable backing materials
- Expanded section of mortar types
- Updated Reference List for TCNA methods application to natural stone
- Clarification of required conditioning for concrete substrate floors
- Updated discussion of anchorage metallurgy
- Recommendations for currency of test data
- Updated Graphics in all sections
TheDimension Stone Design Manualincludes sections on granite, marble, limestone, serpentine, soapstone, travertine, quartz-based stone and slate with product descriptions and technical data; general installation guidelines; guidelines and typical detailing for horizontal surfaces, vertical surfaces, wet areas, furniture and countertops; maintenance of exterior and interior stone installations; and a glossary of terms relating to dimension stone.
For further information, go to www.marble-institute.com and click on the “Bookstore” option to order or to download (Technical Standards Downloadable Documents).