Dear Valued Retail Partners:
It’s hard to catch a break when the housing market continues to sputter along. In flooring – as you know – it’s been one challenge after another, and we have all had to learn to adjust, rethink and realign our business in order to navigate this weak economy.
It is important to point out that despite the housing market head-wind, Mohawk continues to invest across the business to support our retail partners. For example:
• We continue to invest in brand building and our co-branded retail programs. We invest heavily in television advertising, national home magazines, and we have significantly increased our presence online and in social media. We have invested in HGTV personalities Chip Wade and Taniya Nayak who develop content to support our retailers. And, we direct all customer leads to our retail partner stores.
• SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona continues to fuel growth for our retail partners. In 2010, a consumer study - reviewed by Harvard Business School – demonstrated that SmartStrand with DuPont Sorona is Rated #1 in overall consumer satisfaction (above nylon and polyester). In fact, 96% of SmartStrand owners stated they would purchase it again. You are certain to see new products and marketing to support our retailers with this extraordinary, next generation carpet.
• We introduced Wear-Dated Revive – the first ever branded PET BCF product – for a softer, cleaner, longer lasting carpet. Wear-Dated Revive allows our retail partners to trade the consumer up in one of the fastest growing segments in carpet. It offers the best value and affordability for the budget-minded consumer looking for great value.
• Our latest innovation in Mohawk Ceramic utilizes Microban, a permanent, antimicrobial protection working to keep tile cleaner and more sanitary. Another winner for families with kids and pets.
• With the success of our GenuEdge and Scratchgard technologies, our Mohawk Laminate line continues to grow with new products that offer beautiful aesthetics and durability for consumers.
• Sustainability continues to be a focal point with our company. Mohawk was just recognized as being among the top sustainable companies in the Southeast – and the top overall flooring manufacturer – by Southeast Corporate Sustainability Rankings. Additionally, we continue to drive our sustainability efforts with the introduction of Strand Woven Bamboo. It is the epitome of a sustainable, durable and beautiful floor for the eco-minded consumer.
• Our award-winning Top 125 Training program, Mohawk University invested in more 24/7 online web classes and seminars to help our retailer partners learn and grow their business.
It’s not easy out there. But, we resolve to continue to invest in the business and in YOU, our retail partner. We will consistently bring value and differentiation through innovative products and support, along with the very best quality and service to help you weather the storm and serve your customers.
Thank you for your confidence, your support and your business.
President, Mohawk Flooring Group,
Mohawk Industries, Inc.