Residential & Commercial Case Studies: Quick-Step
October 5, 2011
DécorWood Offers the Beauty of Exotic Hardwood Enhanced by Superior Performance Features
Revolutionary “New Flooring Category” – DécorWood
Quick-Step’s newest proprietary technology has created a totally new modern flooring category - “DécorWood by Quick-Step.” Currently launching nationwide, DécorWood is “not wood, not laminate, but the best characteristics of wood and laminate combined.”
This revolutionary new flooring category offers one of the most positive combinations of style and value in popular exotic hardwood visuals available in the flooring industry today. DécorWood offers consumers the natural beauty and finish of exotic wood visuals on luxurious, 6-3/4 foot ultra-long sustainable planks, enhanced by performance features superior to traditional exotic hardwood plank floors.
DécorWood is unique; no other product on the market today effectively meets the void in the flooring industry that DécorWood is now filling.
What Makes DécorWood Special?
• With DécorWood, the stunning visual of an ultra-long, exotic plank is available with performance features superior to most domestic exotic or tropical exotic hardwood floors.
• The DécorWood planks are far more dent and impact resistant than most domestic exotic or tropical exotic hardwoods. DécorWood has a Janka Hardness Rating of 1977.
• Excellent photosensitivity rating means there will be virtually no color change, so DécorWood planks retain the original brilliance of their exotic design color and clarity.
• Planks are stable in all climates and cannot delaminate the way engineered wood can.
• Resists face-checking which often occurs with some hardwood floors.
• Available in the visual of five stunning species: Brazilian Walnut, Golden Eucalyptus, Claret Cherry, Crimson Jarrah, and Garnet Tupelo.
• Quick-Step’s proprietary use of cutting-edge “HiDef Color Fusion Technology” allows the brand to fuse color directly onto an eco-friendly wood-based substrate, composed primarily of pre-consumer recycled wood. HiDef Color Fusion Technology creates unparalleled clarity, brilliance, and depth of color. An unlimited range of original planks are possible with HiDef Color Fusion Technology.
• DécorWood’s 3/8” thick planks are 6-1/8” wide x 80-23/32” long with elegant kissed edges/ends.
• Each plank is finished with a semi-gloss urethane coating, traditionally used on hardwood planks. The durable, semi-gloss urethane finish of DécorWood has exceptional wear resistance and offers a 35-Year Finish Wear Warranty.
• The rich look of a DécorWood plank floor is finished off with coordinating hardwood moldings.
• DécorWood features the patented Uniclic glueless installation locking system that offers easy installation and requires no glue, nails, or staples.