As the old saying goes, “the one thing you can count on is CHANGE.” We’ve seen changes in the economy, government, and the way we work. Now for one more change: me. I have the privilege of joining the National Floor Trends (NFT) team as the new Publisher. I have been working in publishing for more than 14 years, most recently working closely with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) focusing on green building which of course includes all types of flooring. But enough about me, what changes are in store for NFT?
The world is moving into a more digital age, so we will be reaching out to you on a number of devices and platforms, including iPads, laptops, smart phones, social media and eNews.NFTis not just a print magazine, but an information business partner. Our goal is to help you succeed!
Here is a sneak peek of the changes for 2012:
• TalkFloor, our recently acquired daily eNewsletter, already provides daily industry news, videos, podcasts and products. In 2012, we will also be adding classifieds to the mix!
• A new, redesigned website.
• New people and product award programs.
• More educational webinars.
• Virtual Green Expo, focused on Retrofitting Existing Buildings, in August.
•NFTDesign Commercial, a section with a special focus on commercial flooring/business
• And, of course, more “Best Practices” articles for independent flooring businesses.
We will also continue to offer market research studies on such hot segments as Hardwood, Ceramic and Stone, Resilient, Laminate, and Carpet & Area Rugs. These study results come from YOU our reader and will keep you up-to-date on the pulse of the industry and trends.
I love change and welcome your thoughts, comments, questions or ideas if you have any other changes you would like to see inNFT. My contact info is in the masthead, so please feel free to reach out to me. I will also be at Surfaces in January, so please stop by our booths #S6408 and #B2816 and say hi.
December 16, 2011