Daltile recognizes 'Visionary Design' award winners
June 28, 2010
Daltile has recognized eight commercial design projects and designers nationwide as the top “real life” applications using Daltile products as part of its inaugural “Visionary Design Award” commercial design contest.
The winning projects will appear in Daltile’s 2010 Commercial Catalog, alongside profiles of the designers. Projects will also be featured in double-page advertising spreads in Interiors and Interior Design magazines, as well as on Daltile’s website at www.daltile.com/catalogwinners.
“We challenged designers and architects nationwide to submit commercial projects that demonstrated innovative, creative design using Daltile products,” said Lori Kirk-Rolley, senior marketing director for Daltile. “From many amazing designs, we narrowed it down to eight stunning projects that are a true showcase of Daltile’s broad range of beautiful products.”
The winning commercial projects, with categories and designers/firms, include:
- Porcelain/Interior: The Vue on Apache (Temple, Ariz.), Designer: Aimee Wertepny, Company: PROjECT.
- Porcelain/Exterior: University of San Diego Hahn Center (San Diego), Design Architect/Architect of Record: Kevin Hom + Andrew Goldman Architects, PC (NYC), Associate Architect: Mosher Drew Watson Ferguson (San Diego)
- Colorbody Porcelain: Douglass Colony Headquarters (Commerce City, CO), Designer Ashley Miles, Company: Acquilano Leslie Inc.
- Porcelain/Greenworks: IDI Corporate Office (Atlanta), Designers Chris Heard, Jenny Anderson, Danielle Hamby and Trent Janasiewicz, Company: Hendrick Inc.
- Mosaics: Pura Vida Fitness & Spa (Denver), Designers Dalton Davis and Sage Case, Company: Semple Brown.
- Glazed Wall/Counter: Zaidi’s Steak, Sushi, Seafood Restaurant (Naperville, IL), Company: Newman Architecture.
- Glazed Floor: Wilson & Muir Bank & Trust Co. (Louisville, KY), Designer: Scott Luthern, Company: JRA Architects.
- Natural Stone: The Spa at the Inverness Hotel (Denver), Designer: Cynthia Johnson, Company: Johnson David Interiors.