The Hospitality Design Exposition & Conference (HD Expo), will take place at its new location at the beautiful and well-appointed Mandalay Bay Convention Center from May 15 to 17, 2013. Over three days attendees can gain insight and inspiration while experiencing what’s new and how to maintain success in the ever-evolving and ultra-competitive world of hospitality design. The show will feature idea-generating and fully accredited educational sessions, awards ceremonies and special events focused on the latest and most innovative products and services. “2013 will be an exciting year for us, not only are we in a new venue, but, we are thrilled to welcome some of our favorite exhibitors both old and new as well as the introduction of new events and networking opportunities,” said Liz Sommerville, group show director for The Hospitality Design Group.
Produced by the Hospitality Design Group and presented by Hospitality Design magazine, the show continues to grow and supersede expectations, drawing in more than 7,000 attendees and 900 exhibitors under one roof to offer their latest inventions. The meshing of interior designers, architects, purchasing agents, hotel owners, and operators, as well as other buyers, sellers, and hospitality influencers, continues to contribute to its success. Products and creative solutions range from accessories, artwork, bedding, electronics, fabrics, furniture and casegoods, to flooring, lighting, plumbing and bath fixtures, textiles, wall coverings, window treatments and even new technologies.
With dozens of information-packed sessions, panel discussions, exclusive site tours and other specialized programming, HD Expo is a must-attend event for any professional or student in the industry.
The peer-based courses, led by industry experts, discuss the most pertinent issues in the hospitality design field. Attendees can gain a better understanding of a wide range of topics, such as lighting, renovation, rebranding, and the future of design as it adapts to today’s market. The HD Conference sessions are LU/CEU accredited. Highlights include:
· Extending a Brand: Nobu Hotels– Nobu and Caesars Palace are presenting to the world – the first Nobu Hotel. Centrally located within Caesars Palace resort, the 180 Nobu Hotel Caesars Palace boutique rooms represent a unique sense of style and luxury. This new destination of luxury will not only feature exquisite guestrooms, but also the largest Nobu Restaurant and Lounge in the world expanding over 11,200 square feet. Moderated by Stacy Shoemaker Rauen, Executive Editor of Hospitality Design magazine on Thursday, May 16 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
· Chef Meets Designer: An Ongoing Collaboration-- Innovative chef/restaurateur Michael Cordúa and celebrated designer Jordan Mozer discuss the Houston restaurants they have created---among them Churrascos and Americas—drawing upon their long personal friendship, as well as their mutual love of history, literature, and Latin American culture. Collaborations of form follows function mixed with an appreciation of the arts provide insight and inspiration into thoughtful restaurant design. Moderated by Michael Adams, Editor-in-Chief of Hospitality Design magazine on Wednesday, May 15 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
· ISHP Town Hall / Hotel Owners’Roundtable – Allowing attendees to meet face to face with owners, developers, and brand executives, the roundtable, presented by the International Society of Hospitality Purchasers (ISHP), is an open forum of flowing conversation on industry issues, forecasts, ideas, updates, trends, and topics of their choosing. Moderator Alan Benjamin of Benjamin West and co-founding president of International Society of Hospitality Purchasers will oversee the 10 to 15 minute roundtable discussions featuring different “hosts” and topics, providing attendees the opportunity to learn from a variety of different perspectives. Topics will cover how they hire architects, interior designers, and purchasing companies, as well as their latest projections for development. Companies represented include The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group; the Trump Hotel Collection; Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts; Hilton Worldwide and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide for the event which will take place on Thursday, May 16 from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
· Radical Innovation in Hospitality– USA Today Hotel Check-In Editor Barbara DeLollis will help moderate over the 2013 Radical Innovation in Hospitality Competition, overseeing the finalists describe their concepts and projects in-depth, explore project merits with the jury, and then vote on a winner. Attendees will select the grand-prize winner and runner-up for 2013 with more than $10,000 in prize money at stake. Now in its sixth year, John Hardy Group founder John Hardy and the Hospitality Design Group founded the competition to promote and reward innovation in our industry. Last year’s winner was Koi, with MORPHotel as a runner up. Entries are being accepted between December 14, 2012 and March 1, 2013, to enter a concept or project to be considered for the 2013 award, visit www.radicalinnovationinhospitality.com.
HD Expo networking events offer the best arena for creating and building relationships with all participants of the show.
· Party by the Pool—The hottest and most popular soiree of HD Expo, Party by the Pool, is poolside at Caesars Palace Garden of the Gods. Held on Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., the ticketed event will be the most sought after party allowing guests to join colleagues, peers, and industry illuminati for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and invaluable conversations.
· HD Career Fair: Powered by Arch+Design Industry Job Market and ASID-- The fair is a prime networking opportunity for students and recent graduates to meet with leading hospitality and restaurant groups, architecture and design firms, as well as with industry manufacturers. Representatives will be on-hand to offer information about their companies and answer questions about careers in the industry. Need advice on how to improve your resume and/or portfolio? ASID designer members will be present to lend you their expertise. Don’t miss this valuable chance to connect one-on-one with top professionals in the hospitality industry!