In celebration of the introduction of new products and the launch of new lighting and mirror lines, Surya will host several fun and informative events at its showroom during this fall’s High Point Market. Each event has been thoughtfully planned to share the latest trends in home decor and accessories, while providing market participants with a relaxed, interactive venue in which to learn and exchange ideas.
Surya’s event line-up kicks off in Showplace 4100 on Saturday, October 19 with a special presentation by Candice Olson followed by a festive party on Sunday evening celebrating the debut of the company’s fall collections. Noteworthy events include:
• Coordinating a Room: A Conversation with Candice Olson | Saturday, Oct. 19 at 2 p.m. – Candice Olson will recount several recent home decorating projects and how she applied thoughtful design to transform once ordinary living spaces into rooms that speak of style and sophistication.
• Social Media Success in the Home Decor Industry | Sunday, Oct. 20 at 4 p.m. – A panel of industry thought leaders will discuss the evolving role of social media in the home decor and interior design space.
• Fall Showroom Celebration | Sunday, Oct. 20 at 6 p.m. – Market participants will have the chance to explore the newest styles in home accessories while enjoying an open bar and hors d’oeuvres, along with a DJ and dancing.
• Colormix 2014 | Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 2 p.m. – Drawing influences from fashion, science, nature, pop culture and global traditions, Sherwin-Williams introduces colormix 2014, which captures colors that inspire creativity and design in today's world. The four-palette collection provides design professionals with a guide to help them define the moods they want to create and select colors for projects.
(0.1 CEU credit)
• Merchandising Tour | Daily at 11 a.m. – Surya team members will showcase the company’s integrated merchandising solutions and discuss how effective use of displays can increase store revenue.
• Trend Walk | Daily at 1 p.m. – Surya’s product designers will provide a tour of the Surya showroom as they share their design inspirations and the latest buzz in home decor trends.
“We are focused on bringing to retailers, designers and, ultimately, the end consumer, the most up to date and on-trend products across all price points,” said Satya Tiwari, president, Surya. “In the past year alone, we have nearly doubled our rug design offerings while also expanding into several new home accessory categories—including accent furniture, lighting and mirrors. We look forward to unveiling our latest fashion-forward products to market attendees while also providing a place where they can relax and enjoy some downtime amidst busy market schedules.”
This fall’s market marks the second consecutive year that Surya showroom visitors will have the opportunity to listen to Candice Olson present her signature approach to design. “Candice’s unique vision and timeless yet modern designs complement our rug and accessories offerings, while resonating strongly with our retail and design customers,” said Lynne Meredith, vice president of product development, Surya. “We’re pleased that we can provide a forum in which market attendees can hear firsthand how Candice translates her exceptional understanding of color and design into beautifully transformed living spaces.”
In addition to scheduled events, Surya will offer a complimentary hot, catered breakfast and lunch each day, as well as hors d'oeuvres and cocktails each evening. Market attendees can also register to win a $200 daily cash giveaway by visiting http://www.surya.com/market-events/.
Report Abusive Comment