The Marble Institute of America (MIA) and Stone World magazine are launching the Stone Industry Education Series.
The program will bring Stone Summits to 10 cities, and will feature three distinct educational topics: Stone Shop Administration, Stone Shop Management and Marketing Success for Fabricators. Each event will also feature the popular Fabricator Forum, newly redesigned to encourage more interaction and active participation.
According to MIA's education manager, Aaron Dahnke, the Stone Industry Education Series saw a 20% increase in attendance in 2015, averaging 42 fabricators from 26 companies representing five states at each event.
“MIA is excited to continue our partnership with Stone World and provide fabricator education across the U.S. and Canada,” he said. “Our goal is to ensure fabricators have an outlet to discuss best practices and learn the best way to manage their business.”
According to Dahnke, each Stone Summit will be facilitated by an experienced industry leader. Current facilitators include GK Naquin (Stone Interiors), Tony Malisani (Malisani), Marty Gould (Focalize Consulting) and Eric Tryon (Premier Surfaces). Several locations will also offer optional events the day before the Stone Summit, including CEU courses and MIA Accreditation Immersion Classes.
The schedule for the 2016 Stone Industry Education Series is as follows:
• Feb. 18: Charlotte, N.C. (M S International)
• March 10: Albuquerque, N.M.(Arizona Tile)
• May 11: Edison, N.J. (M S International)
• May 19: Seattle (M S International)
• June 9: Wixom, Mich. (M S International)
• June 23: Toronto (Cosentino Center)
• July 14: Birmingham, Ala. (Pacific Shore Stones)
• Sept. 22: Minneapolis (M S International)
• Oct. 6: San Antonio, Texas (Daltile)
• Oct. 19: San Diego (Arizona Tile)
Participants who register before Feb. 1 will receive 20% off their registration.
For more information, visit stoneindustryeducation.com.