Mohawk Industries' seventh annual Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report is now available.
Entitled Growth Done Well, the report highlights the company's key sustainability achievements in 2015:
• Exceeded the 2020 reduction goal for waste to landfill intensity
• Reached 95% of its 2020 water intensity reduction goal
• Recycled operational waste and purchased recycled material resulted in diversion of more than 7.4 billion pounds of material from landfills
• Expanded “Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill” program to a total of 44 sites
• Introduced Impressions utility floor-mat collection utilizing molded crumb rubber from recycled tires and a 100% recycled PET fabric top; the product category can use up to 10 million pounds of recycled tires each year
• Incorporated more than 44 million pounds of recycled PVC material into Moduleo Design Floors luxury vinyl tile (LVT) collections
• Awarded the Manufacturing Visionary Award from the International Living Future Institute for the company’s work with Declare and elimination of Red List chemicals
• Employed 16% more individuals than in 2014
• Delivered an historically low global safety recordable incident rate of 1.75, a 60% reduction from seven years ago
• Achieved highest placement by a manufacturing company in the annual Training Top 125 ranking of top training and development companies
For more information, visit mohawkind.com/MohawkSustainabilityReport.aspx.