The American Institute of Architects' (AIA) Committee on Architecture for Education (CAE) is recognizing 11 projects for state-of-the-art designs of schools and learning centers.
Complete details for each project are available on AIA’s website.
Selected projects must meet a host of criteria, including enhancing learning in classrooms; balancing function with aesthetics; establishing a connection with the environment; being respectful of the surrounding community; demonstrating high-level planning in the design process; and integrating sustainability in a holistic fashion. Selected projects include:
- Belmont Day School Barn
- Bluestone Elementary School
- Environmental Nature Center Preschool
- Grant High School Modernization
- Flight 93 Visitor and Learning Center
- Home Building at Thaden School
- Lafayette College Rockwell Integrated Sciences Center
- Minnehaha Academy Upper School Reconstruction
- Pace University Student Landscape
- The Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact at University of Oregon
- Virginia Wesleyan University Freer Environmental Sciences Center
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the Education Facility Design Awards.