Coverings 2021 runs July 7-9, here are some of the top 2021 tile trends expected to see on display.
- Vast-Veining in Marble-Look Tile
- While marble-look ceramic tile has already been proven as a beautiful style in just about every room and application, this new trend features marble-look tile like you’ve never seen it before, and it all comes down to veining.
- The larger size of gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs is creating more space for creative veining designs, from larger and more sparse veins to veins that take over the whole tile — and everything in between.
- XXL Tile
- Also called gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs, XXL tile consists of tiles measuring up to 15 feet wide — essentially, bigger tile than you’ve ever seen before.
- XXL tile is useful in creating a number of styles, from wallpapered looks to custom designs, with natural looks being a popular choice for gauged porcelain tile.
- XXL tile designs are making an impact in a wide range of applications, from countertops and custom furniture to feature walls and backsplashes.
- Green Tile
- Part of the reason behind green tile’s recent rise to popularity is a simultaneous surge in biophilic design, an initiative to incorporate nature into interior design. If biophilic design is for you, green tile comes in numerous styles to help you achieve a natural look.
- Biophilic Tile
- 2021 interior decor is poised to bring the outdoors in with biophilic tile.
- Thanks to advances in manufacturing, ceramic tile can be produced in natural colors, designs, and textures. The result is tiles that work with the trend of biophilic design — an effort to design interiors that connect with natural elements and to promote physical health, cognitive function, and psychological well-being.
- As part of this trend, look out for tile in natural stone and wood looks, earth tones, and variegated designs.
- Large Hex Tile
- Assorted Aggregates
- Terrazzo made a comeback in 2020, and it looks like it isn’t going anywhere in 2021. Terrazzo looks and other speckled surfaces are versatile in that they can replicate realistic sidewalk looks and other natural aggregate designs, or, by using colorful chips of different sizes and shapes, transform surfaces into works of art.
To learn more about the upcoming Coverings event, visit coverings.com.