NORTH PALM BEACH, Fla. –- Organizers of Coverings have secured earlier dates for the 2003 edition of the exposition. The new dates, March 24-27, were booked on the assumption that both exhibitors and attendees prefer to view new products as early in the year as possible.

Coverings 2003 show venue will remain at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.

“We were extremely pleased to be able to secure these early prime dates for Coverings 2003,” said Bob Daniels, chairman of Coverings 2002. “We have been trying for some time to reserve dates in the first quarter of the year which is traditionally the busiest season for convention venues and are generally booked many years in advance. We feel very fortunate to be able to present these new early dates to our exhibitors and our attendees, and expect a very positive response from all concerned.”

With 491,798 net square feet of exhibition space, an increase of almost 10% over 2001’s figures, the 2002 edition of Coverings weighed in as the largest exhibition in the show’s history. In all, 30,673 trade professionals attended Coverings 2002 to view the latest offerings and innovations in ceramic tile, natural stone and floor coverings from more than 1,350 Coverings exhibitors.

Geographical analysis showed 70 percent of the show’s attendees were from the United States, with the remaining 30 percent representing over 100 different countries.