Like so many other products today, flooring is being revolutionized by the green movement, and Mannington has responded to the call by continuing to look for ways to produce goods that have less impact on the environment.
And with ‘green’ such an important topic, retailers now have another meaningful differentiator to use at the point of sale. Mannington is working to make it easier to sell “green” by introducing products with environmentally responsible attributes, and help you earn the trust and respect of your customers.
Each Category Has a Story
Across the board, Mannington flooring has environmental advantages, and it’s to your advantage to know what those are and to communicate them to your customer.
• Mannington recently introduced Jumpstart RE – the first and only residential resilient flooring with recycled content.
• Our resilient floors use a unique, award winning ultra-low VOC, water- based ink printing system. The process emissions do not require incineration, reducing energy requirements and CO2 emissions in manufacturing.
• Domestically manufactured floors use less fuel to transport from their location of origin to your store.
• The use of aluminum oxide in our ScratchResist™ coating creates an extremely durable surface, making for a strong and long-lasting product.
• Mannington manufactures only engineered hardwood flooring, which uses much more of each log than do solid wood floors - translating into less waste.
• All Mannington hardwood finishing system components are made of 100% solids and contain no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
• Hardwood veneer layers are bonded with a water-based, solvent-free, formaldehyde-free adhesive.
• Laminate flooring can contain up to 74 percent pre-consumer (post-industrial) recycled content; and the product itself is recyclable.
• Mannington laminate is made using a ‘direct pressure manufacturing process,’ which involves no glues or adhesives, contributing to better indoor air quality.
So no matter what category your customer is interested in, talk to her about her ‘greener options’. You’ll gain insight into her lifestyle needs, and show that you’re on the leading edge when it comes to knowing how the products you sell impact the environment. And that expertise leads to a customer who trusts that you will steer them in the right direction – time after time.- Betsy Amoroso, Director of Corporate Communications, Mannington Mills, Inc.