The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) announced the winners of its 2014 Wood Floor of the Year contest during its Wood Flooring Expo held in Nashville, Tenn.
Michael Martin, NWFA’s president and CEO, said the awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the U.S and Canada, as well as in Russia and Finland. This year’s contest yielded 74 entries, which featured installations completed between January 2013 and January 2014.
A panel of judges comprised of trade and consumer press editors, industry leaders, and professional designers, evaluated the individual categories. NWFA’s membership voted on all entries to recognize the Members’ Choice winner.
Recipients of the 2014 Wood Floor of the Year awards are as follows:
• Best CNC/Laser Cut: MP Caroll Hardwood of Cheektowaga, N.Y.
• Best Commercial: Archetypal Imagery Corp. of Bronx, N.Y.
• Best Extreme Makeover: Czar Floors of Huntingdon Valley, Pa.
• Best Limited Species: Marwick’s/Precision Floorcrafters of Summerfield, Fla.
• Best Manufacturer Factory Finished: WD Flooring of Laona, Wis.
• Best Reclaimed: Marwick’s/Precision Floorcrafters
• Best Residential: Natural Wood Floors & Design of Miami
• Best Restoration: Brookens Wood Floors of Springfield, Ill.
• Members’ Choice: Ourada Designs of Nine Mile Falls, Wash.
The following are some of the winning projects. Complete descriptions and photos of all the winning entries are available on NWFA’s web site, nwfa.org.