During these unusual and unprecedented times, Metroflor Corporation would like for you to know how we are protecting the health and safety of our employees and customers... our number one priority. Harlan Stone, CEO of HMTX Industries, Metroflor's parent company, has issued the attached statement with the steps being taken to protect our employees while still servicing our distributors. Please take a moment to read Harlan's statement and as he says, "...keep calm, stay healthy, and wash your hands!"
To all HMTX Customers:
It's been a difficult few days for all of us, and we are clearly in unprecedented times as we all deal with the consequences of COVID-19.
At all times, HMTX Industries is committed to putting our employees and customers at the center of all we do. The health and safety of our employees, customers, and business partners continue to be our number one priority. People before Profits Now and Always is our mantra.
Today, this philosophy continues to guide us as we think about all who have been affected by COVID-19. We wanted to take a moment to update you on our current status and the policies and procedures we're enacting and assure you we have a team that is monitoring the situation in the US and globally.
HMTX has been taking steps to implement our "remote working policy". As of Monday, March 16, our corporate headquarters in Norwalk, CT has been closed and our staff will be working from home for the remainder of March. Our other locations around the country will be taking similar actions as we continue to minimize the potential business disruption for our customers.
Currently, we are continuing normal operation in the Rincon and Milwaukee offices, as well as all of our warehouse locations. This is being monitored daily and I am in touch with leaders in all of these US offices. The action for our Dutch office will be reviewed this weekend with an action plan expected shortly thereafter.
Our factories are shipping at 100%, the demand for our products remains strong and all supply chain channels remain active and available. We have been making plans for remote working for the past 45 days, and now we are putting them into effect.
Our warehousing operations are critical to our continuing operations, and we will provide a safe, healthy and sustainable environment for our hard-working employees on the distribution team by taking the following extraordinary steps:
1. The temperature of every employee will be taken as they arrive to work. If a fever is detected, they will be sent home (on PAID sick leave).
2. We will actively wipe down all surfaces in our offices and warehouses throughout the day to eliminate any possible contamination.
3. We will create clear separation from all outside delivery personnel (truck drivers) and provide them with separate bathroom facilities to ensure they do not bring any contamination into our working areas.
4. We will provide brand new face masks for all warehouse workers when appropriate for every shift that they work.
5. We will provide FREE boxed lunches for all warehouse staff every day to ensure food safety. This eliminates the need to leave or share a fridge, which may put them in contact with unclean surfaces.
6. We will make HMTX distribution facilities one of the safety places they can possibly be, and if at any time we observe any risk, we will make the necessary adjustment to eliminate that risk immediately.
Should anything change, we'll make sure you hear it from us first. In the meantime, keep calm, stay well, and wash your hands!