The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) will be bringing its traveling workshop program to the show floor during Coverings 2010 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL, April 27-30.
NTCA training director Gerald Sloan will take to the Tile Council of North America’s stage each day at 11 a.m., assisted by NTCA regional trainer Michael Whistler, for a 45-minute demonstration. This year’s topics will include:
- Tuesday (April 27) - Glass and mosaic tile installation methods.
- Wednesday (April 28) - Thin-set mortar setting materials: choosing the appropriate products.
- Thursday (April 29) - Tile vs. Stone: Understanding the pros and cons of each (Part I).
- Friday (April 30) - Tile vs. Stone: Understanding the pros and cons of each (Part II).
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. - Grouting tips and techniques for Portland cement, epoxy and urethane.
- 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Large format tile DO’s and Don’ts.
- Tuesday (April 27) 8:30 -10:30 a.m. - Robert Langdon, CPA and author of Managing your Business for Profit will offer “The Seven Steps to Closing a Profitable Sale.” This presentation will teach how to combat price competition by identifying your most profitable customers and generating more business from them, as well as how to differentiate your products in the marketplace. Learn how to achieve higher gross margins, while increasing sales and profitability immediately, and in the future.
- Wednesday (April 28) 9:15 – 10:15 a.m., NTCA president John Cox and NTCA assistant executive director, Jim Olson, will be discussing “The NTCA Reference Manual: A look at the new ‘Business’ section of this important resource.” Cox is leading up a committee to introduce and continually update a business section for the legendary NTCA Reference Manual that adds guidelines, tips, instructions and recommendations for the business side of the contractor’s operation. This is an essential compliment to the technical expertise that makes a successful installer. This seminar is a first look at the new section and what it will offer.
- Thursday (April 29) 9:15 – 10:15 a.m., Ceramic Tile Education Foundation executive director Scott Carothers will moderate a forum of tile contractors who have successfully passed the Certified Tile Installer two-part exam. In “It Pays to be Certified: Testimonials from Certified Ceramic Tile Installers about Program Benefits,” these certified tile installers will share their thoughts about the program and how they are actively promoting it to their customers.
- Thursday (April 29) 1:30 – 3 p.m., NTCA Technical Committee chairperson James Woelfel and NTCA first vice president Nyle Wadford will lead “The NTCA Contractors Forum: Topics Commonly Shared over the Internet,” about how the Internet can be a useful tool in sharing ideas and thoughts related to the trade, as well as several key issues that have surfaced in online forums.
- Thursday (April 29) at 3:15 p.m., all the designers who participated in the Installation/Design Showcase will gather to discuss “Bath Trends Featured in the Installation/Design Showcase.”