Fresh off the heels of HD Expo in Las Vegas and theHD Asia Conference in Hong Kong, The Hospitality Design Group announces the schedule for HD Boutique, their boutique-style trade show at the Miami Beach Convention Center on September 11 and 12, 2012. Bringing together leaders and innovators in the hospitality design sector, the intimately scaled conference will specifically focus on the hospitality markets in the Americas and the growing development in Latin America and the Caribbean. HD Boutique’s collaboration with AMGW, a Miami-based public relations firm specializing in these untouched markets will expand its reach bringing in even more attendees from around the world. AMGW’s portfolio includes internationally renowned real estate, hotel and restaurant brands as well as world-famous architects and interior designers.
More than 3,500 key decision makers comprise show attendees, including designers, architects, purchasing agents, and hospitality owners and operators that meet with manufacturers face-to-face; familiarize themselves with the latest products; and make important business deals on the floor that spans more than 60,000 square feet. The items represented at HD Boutique include a vast array of fabrics and textiles, furniture, accessories, lighting fixtures, flooring, artwork, bath fixtures, window treatments, and many more hospitality-related products.
In addition to buyers and sellers connecting on the floor, the industry’s most notable design, hotel, and restaurant experts engage attendees in a series of accredited panel discussions and workshops.
Each year, HD Boutique brings in key individuals who have changed the hospitality design game and this year is no different. Speaker highlights include:
- Keynote Conversation:In a conversation with Michael Adams, editor-in-chief of Hospitality Design magazine, Alexandra Champalimaud, President & Principal Design of Champalimaud Design will serve as keynote speaker. Known for her superb, elegant design, having worked on projects in Quebec City, Beijing, London and New York City, Champalimaud will discuss the highlights of her career, the secrets to successful luxury restoration and much more. The keynote conversation will take place on Tuesday, September 11 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Noteable Names:John Walters, Vice President, Architecture & Construction Latin America & the Caribbean for Hilton Worldwide; Serena Rakhlin, Vice President, Strategic Planning/Hotel Business Development for the Trump Hotel Collection; Peter Karpinski, Co-Founder & COO of Sage Hospitality Group; and Richard Notar, Managing Partner of Nobu Restaurants are confirmed speakers.
- Networking:All participants of HD Boutique will have the chance to mix and mingle with guest speakers and each other at Party by the Palms, the best opportunity to meet face to face in one place. The W South Beach hosts this popular event on Tuesday, September 11 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The peer-based courses, led by industry experts, discuss the most pertinent issues in the hospitality design field. Attendees can gain a better understanding of a wide range of topics, such as lighting, renovation, rebranding, and the future of design as it adapts to today’s market.
- Opening Day Press Conference: The show will officially kick-off with US media organizations and specially selected press from Latin America and the Caribbean gathering to cover the new and exciting events at HD Boutique. Opening remarks by Liz Sommerville of The Hospitality Design Group.
- Owner’s Roundtable: New to HD Boutique, a complimentary roundtable gives attendees direct access to several high-level executives from top design, hotel, purchasing and development firms including Helen Jorgensen, Vice President of Design, Procurement, Development & Construction of Host Hotels & Resorts; Rogerio Basso, Acquisitions & Development, Latin America for Terranum Hotels; and Jerry Ong, Principal General, International Hospitality Investor for Jupiter Reality Company; amongst others. The session which encourages free-flowing discussions will take place on Wednesday, September 12 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wave of the Future: Celebrating its 11th anniversary this year, Hospitality Design magazine nods to those changing the game in terms of trends and design direction. Held on Tuesday, September 11 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., this year’s 2012 honorees will include Alan Barr, Creative Director for Blink Design Group; Ave Bradley, Vice President of Design for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants; Andrew Cohen & Jeremy Levitt, Principals, Parts & Labor Design; Oliver John Palmer Mitchell, Chief Creative Officer and Architect for UXUS; Tim Mutton & Jo Sampson, Founders of Blacksheep and Foreman Rogers, Senior Associate at tvsdesign.
- Boutique & Lifestyle Lodging Association (BLLA):On Wednesday, September 12th from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., BLLA will host a gourmet luncheon inside the convention center, with an exclusive roster of hospitality CEO's moderated by a key industry executive. The Boutique & Lifestyle Lodging Association is the first and only association to unite the world’s collection of boutique and lifestyle properties and the suppliers that sustain them. More information at: http://bit.ly/cg5j6h
To register for HD Boutique 2012, please fill out the following online media registration form: https://registration3.experientevent.com/showHDB121/Default.aspx?Flowcode=PRESS.