The International Certified Flooring Installers Association (CFI) Convention will be held Sept 4 to 6 in New Orleans and according to show officials, many educational and hands-on workshops and seminars are in store for attendees.
“The CFI certification team will meet to review the past year and plan for an exciting year to come,” said Tim Provence, chairman of the CFI certification team. “The 78 team members work closely with 300 installers throughout the world to conduct educational events. This meeting provides the opportunity to become updated on all information and be introduced to new ideas and methods of instruction. It is a working meeting and one that we look forward to every year.”
“Our members look forward to their convention and our day starts early on Friday with the opening session, which includes the awarding of the Gress Awards for recognition of unselfish contributions in the promotion of quality flooring installation," said Jim Walker, CEO. "This is a coveted award for which the installers donate countless hours. During this time, the award in memory of Chris Davis, past president of the World Floorcovering Association (WFCA) that recognizes a person who promotes quality flooring installation, but is not an installer and the 25-event pins for the certification team members will also be awarded.”
According to Robert Varden, CFI executive director, this year's conference educational opportunities will include:
• Adhesives for Resilient Flooring presented by Tim Provence and Tony Pastrana of Armstrong, Joe Cea of Congoleum, Dick Schmidt of Tarkett and Scott Parks of Tri-West.
• Moisture Testing for Wood and Concrete and how this Relates to Flooring by Jason Spangler of Wagner Meters.
• Mechanically Fastened and Glue-Down Wood Installation Workshop by Bob Gillespie, Tony Pastrana and Tim Provence
• Water-based Acrylic Spray Adhesives, Saving Time and Money on Resilient Flooring Installations by Donald Hamm, Spray-Lock
• Selling Flooring Installation in Today’s Market by Jim Walker
• Woven and Patterned Carpet Workshop by Robert Varden
• The Installation Business: Are You Making a Profit? by Jane Walker