|InstaFloor's self-adhesive InstaLay used to install solid hardwood floors.|
InstaFloor's self-adhesive InstaLay products used in a home renovation allowed Carpet Call distributors and installers to install new solid wood floors quickly and easily, according to the company.
"Installing a solid wood floor is normally a slow and expensive process, with each board having to be bonded or mechanically fixed to the sub-floor with a special adhesive or secret nailing, while each tongue and groove joint is also glued," said a company representative. "These traditional methods would have also involved extensive sub-floor preparations, costing thousands to make it suitable for a direct bond installation with solid wood flooring."
InstaLay 30hg forgives minor imperfections and it was simply loose laid over the sub-floor, according to the company. The solid wood tongue and groove boards were bonded together by InstaLay’s adhesive membrane, with no need for messy adhesives.
According to the company, features include:
• InstaLay minimizes sub-floor preparation, saving time and money.
• It is loose laid, making it extremely quick and easy to use.
• InstaLay bonds together the entire underside surface of the floor, overcoming reflected sound and creating the feel of a fully bonded floor.
• InstaLay has acoustic properties:—InstaLay 30hg: 23dB / InstaLay 50hg: 26dB.
• InstaLay expands and contracts with seasonal floor movements, holding joints tightly together to provide a long lasting quality floor. Solid wood floors that are traditionally bonded or fixed to the sub-floor are unable to adjust in this way, with the risk of permanent gaps appearing between the boards.
For more information, visit instafloorna.com.