Namba to Present Estimating Course Sponsored by MDNVAFCA
Editorial director of FCI and installation consultant, Jon Namba will facilitate a two day interactive estimating course developed for carpet, resilient, and tile, hardwood, laminate, stone and trim material, April 9-10 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. at CCA Floors & Interiors in Alexandria, Va.
Missing the estimate or not having the knowledge to properly execute an estimate can cost you the sale and more importantly the profit. Sponsored by the Maryland/Northern Virginia Floor Covering Association (MDNVAFCA), this course will guide students through the steps to ensure that they have the understanding of how to do a take off from a blueprint, how to calculate amounts of material and proper seam placement for carpet and resilient flooring. A variety of floor coverings will be extensively covered.
The course will feature:
- Interactive Power-point on Estimating Techniques
- Hands on involvement with take offs, estimating tools, usage factors and material requirements.
- How to pre-qualify the sale so that the estimate will flow into closing.
- Samples of different types of flooring, where they will and will not perform
- Students will take away formulas for estimating as well as a handout to use as a reference guide to keep honing their skills after the insure that they have the potential for a profitable sale.
Namba has over 37 years of experience in the floor covering industry, he is an independent industry consultant, trainer and speaker. He recently completed a term as the president of the National Wood Flooring Association. His background includes roles as an installer, former director of technical services for the World Floor Covering Association and Former executive director of Certified Floor Covering Installers Association. Namba is also a contributor and columnist for as well as the editorial director of Floor Covering Installer magazine.
CCA Floors & Interiors is located at 430 South Pickett Street, Alexandria, Va. 22304. For more information or to register, contact Ronald Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-748-3733. For payment, contact Michelle Goshorn email@example.com or 1-877-896-3605.