Quick-Step has just completed the first year of its “Influencer Outreach” program.
The campaign utilized the reach of two highly-regarded independent bloggers “Shanty 2 Chic” and “Ask Anna” to generate interest and loyalty for Quick-Step among the coveted Gen X and Millennial shoppers (consumers between the ages of 18 to 54).
“As a marketing savvy brand, Quick-Step understands how critical it is to spread our brand and product messages to the increasingly important Gen X and Millennial customers,” said Paij Thorn-Brooks, vice president of brand marketing for Mohawk Laminate & Hardwood, North America. "Although traditional marketing and advertising are still needed to create overall brand awareness among all consumers, Gen X and Millennials have grown up being overly-marketed to. Every day of their lives, they have been bombarded with professionally generated marketing and advertising—so those traditional forms of sales communications have lost effectiveness with this demographic. Blogger influencer outreach is a new and effective way to connect with Gen X and Millennials. This vehicle of communication speaks to them, because they view it as credible and authentic. To reach the coveted Gen X and Millennial shoppers in a way that leads to purchase conversion most effectively, today’s leading brands must employ a robust blogger influencer outreach program..
Statistics support the effectiveness of Quick-Step’s blogger influencer program:
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations as opposed to 33% trust ads. Gen X and Millennials consider bloggers their peers.
- Earned media drives 4 X the interest of paid media. Earned media includes blogger outreach and social media that mention a brand or product.
- 51% of Millennials are more likely to be influenced by earned media.
- 74% of consumers rely on social media to inform their purchase position. Social media is the main space in which blogger influencers play.
- 70% of people trust consumer experiences posted online.
- 33% of Millennials rely mostly on blogs before they make purchases.
“Blogger influencers are the new celebrity endorsements,” said Thorn-Brooks. “Savvy brands like Quick-Step are relying on blogger influencers for credibility among consumers. Today’s consumers no longer accept at face value what a brand says about its products. Critically important to today’s consumers is that credibility is built organically. So brands are relying on influencers for credibility among these Gen X and Millennials shoppers."
For more information, visit us.quick-step.com.