Expo Revestir, held March 7-10, 2017, at the Transamérica Expo Center in São Paulo, Brazil ended with a record visitation of more than 68 thousand attendees, representing a growth of 8.7% compared to 2016. The joint event, the International Forum of Architecture and Construction also received more than 3.5 thousand professionals who attended lectures.
Aiming to highlight national products with high added value, ANFACER (Brazilian Association of Manufacturers of Ceramic Tiles, Sanitary Ware and Related Products), in partnership with Apex-Brasil (Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency), held the third edition of the “Best in Show—Ceramics of Brazil” Award. The award chose the best lines in several categories determined by a panel of seven judges, professionals who work in the architecture and decoration sector.
The winners were:
- Ceramic/Porcelain Facade: Embramaco, Azzurro line
- Ceramic/Porcelain Wall: Biancogrês, Matelasse Black line
- Ceramic/Porcelain Floor: Decortiles, Laca Black line
- Mosaics: Portinari, Conect - Glass Tiles: Atlas, Catania line
- Ceramic Sanitary Ware - Basin: Lorenzetti, Lorenvogue basin
- Ceramic Sanitary Ware - Toilet: Roca, Sun Ware line
- Special Pieces: Deca, line of bathroom accessories by Jader Almeida
Gran Prix for Architects and Interior Designers
- Ceramic Tiles: Ceusa, Brise collection
- Ceramic Sanitary Ware: Roca, Sun Ware line
On the last day, Expo Revestir hosted Tecnargilla Brasil, which was curated by Professor Anselmo Boschi. The sustainability of the ceramic tile industry was addressed by Adriana Hansen, the sustainable projects coordinator for the Center for Building Technology (CTE). Flavia Fernandes of Laminan, talked about new uses for materials, especially ventilated facades, kitchen and bathroom countertops, furniture, and light fixtures. Giovanni Lancieri, director of Sacmi, spoke about the evolution of technology and the advent of industry 4.0, in which machines work to enhance agility, productivity, and efficiency.
Expo Revestir 2018 has already been scheduled for March 6-9, 2018.
For more information, visit www.exporevestir.com.